Make Up Rules
Absence from a regular meeting of the Lions club may be made up within the time limits of 13 days prior to and 13 days following the date of the meeting missed, through attending any of the following:
1. Meeting of another Lions Club, regular or special.
2. Meeting of the member’s home club Board of Directors.
3. Duly constituted meeting of a standing committee of member’s home club 4. Any meeting scheduled or sponsored by the member’s own club.
5. Regional meeting.
6. Zone meeting.
7. International, State or District Convention, or any other recognized Lions meeting.
8. Lion who visits the office of Lions International when in Chicago, or any district or state office outside the country of which the visiting Lion is a member, is allowed attendance makeup if such visit is made within the above named time limits. Cards announcing such visits are presented to Lions when they visit such offices.
9. A member who is forced to miss meeting(s) by reason of Illness shall automatically be granted attendance credit for meeting(s) missed upon acceptable evidence of said illness.
10. A member who is forced to miss meetings, as a result of military service, jury duty, elected government position or other statutory requirement, shall be given attendance credit for meetings missed, In each case the Club Board of Directors shall decide if credit should be given for the missed meeting.
11. Any Lion who finds it necessary, or is assigned, to perform occupational duties for an extended period in a place from which he cannot readily attend a Lions Club meeting may be granted, in the discretion of his club, credit for meetings missed thereby.
NOTE: If you are going on vacation, or know ahead of time that you will have to miss a meeting, plan on making up on Wednesday, either before or after your missed meeting(s).